SINAI operates inclusive special education schools for children with a wide range of developmental, intellectual, and complex learning disabilities.
SINAI tailor-crafts a highly individualized program for each student based on his or her academic, social, and emotional needs. A typical SINAI classroom has 6-8 students and three master’s-level or above teachers. This figure, combined with additional professionals, therapists, and specialists, brings our total professional:student ratio to 1:1.2.
Each of SINAI’s Schools is integrated within a mainstream Jewish day school or high school, where our students are included as full members of that school’s culture and community. Each child’s inclusion experience is carefully and individually planned to maximize his or her strengths.
Educators across the country seek out SINAI’s guidance regarding curriculum and methodology. SINAI is the only Jewish special education school to be accredited by the prestigious Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
Often, children come to SINAI after struggling for years in other schools that have been unable to meet their needs. At SINAI, these children thrive.
We undertake extraordinary costs in order to meet the unique needs of each of our students. We do everything we can to make sure that financial difficulties don’t stand in the way of any child who needs us. This is only possible thanks to the generosity of donors like you.
Avi Vogel, President ● Rabbi Mark Karasick, Chairman of the Board
Danny Federbush, William Hochman, Esther Lerer, Tzvi Solomon, Moshe Weinberger
Leah Bien, Dov Brandstatter, Fred Cohen, Ruvan Cohen, Ed Gerstley, Arthur Goldberg,
Carol Grundman, Micah Kaufman, Dr. Ellis Malovany, Dara Orbach, David Shapiro
Rabbi Dr. Yisrael Rothwachs, Dean
● Sam Fishman, Managing Director
● Judi Karp, Associate Dean
● Arielle Greenbaum Saposh, Associate Managing Director & Counsel
● Solange Captan, Tuition Director & Counsel
● Hannah Cowan, Director of SINAI at Heichal HaTorah
● Marcy Glicksman, Director of Cross River SINAI School at RYNJ
● Chavie Hagler, Director of Adult Services
● Abigail Hepner Gross, Director of Communications
● Esther Klavan, Director of SINAI at TABC
● Tamara Levin, Director of Tuition and Human Resources
● Aura Lurie, Director of Irving Montak SINAI School at SAR Academy
● Ilana Picker, Director of SINAI at Ma’ayanot
● Gittie Rothschild, Director of SINAI at YCQ
● Debra Siesser, Director of Finance
● Frada Stone, Director of Maor at RKYHS
Laurette Rothwachs, Dean Emeritus